Coffee secrets or idiosyncrasies? Here are some pretty unique things we've heard people do to create just the right brew. Feel free to try them out and let us know what you think.
What are we missing?
- Add a pinch of salt and/or peppercorn
- Kopi Luwak beans: coffee cherries that have been digested by small cat like creatures called Civets, and then collected, washed, dried and roasted lightly
- Using a dirty cup because it has already been "seasoned"
- Brew in a sweat sock (clean, we hope!)
- "Black and Black" - mixing stout beer with iced coffee (experienced at Lamill Coffee)
- Brew with crushed cardamom seeds to infuse a spice fragrance
- Decaf espresso single cup capsule over vanilla ice cream as a desert affogato
- Espresso served with a lemon rind (why?)
- Upside down french press so the grinds come up with the plunger
- Ordering the secret 'short' cup at Starbucks - do you know what this off the menu item is?
These are just some of the many we hear. Please add a comment sharing one of your favorites. Remember, no matter how you prepare or enjoy your coffee keep it clean (except #3 above) and have fun. Coffee is a pleasure.
The Urnex Team